Its not the fall that hurts, its the sudden stop at the end!
Don’t Fall off the Roof, or a ladder for that matter. Please be safe installing your Christmas lights.
There are a bunch of things you should be doing to make sure your are safe. Here are just a few to be aware of.
– Make sure you are using the right ladder. Do not use an A-Frame ladder to get up on your roof. Use an Extension ladder.
– Make sure your ladder has at least 3 rungs above the point of contact to the gutter or the edge of the roof.
– While you are on your roof make sure you wear good shoes or flexible boots that are tied really tight.
– The Ideal way to install your lights is really while you are on the ladder. Make sure you have the feet on a good solid surface and have someone hold the bottom of the ladder to keep it stabilized.
– Take it nice and slow and be safe, do not overreach.
These are just a few tips, please be sure to read the ladder instructions.