How to keep the water outside and not in your basement!
Drainage Tips. So we recommend a number of things in order to keep the water outside and not in your basement. Now sometimes it really just doesn’t matter and mother nature just doesn’t care what you do and large amounts of water in short periods of time or lots of ground saturation or both still force water where we do not want it. But still there are a number of things that you can do to help keep the water out. Those things are
- Have gutter guards put on
- Make sure your gutters are clean and free of debris and sticks
- Install larger down spouts
- Make sure the grade around your home is pitched away
- Make sure there is at least a small gap of space between your grade, mulch or stone and your siding
- Bury your downspouts with drain tile
By doing all of these things we have solved countless water issues and have helped keep water out of basements.